On30 layout

Forney #13 switching the mine at Phoenix.

VariousPhoenix010_zps23294dba.jpg

Larry, where do you get your automobiles from?
The lack of 1/4 scale automobiles frustrates me.
Have you mixed in any 1/64 models? Seems to me that they might be a good fit.

Larry, where do you get your automobiles from?
The lack of 1/4 scale automobiles frustrates me.
Have you mixed in any 1/64 models? Seems to me that they might be a good fit.

Sherrel - Mostly I get them from ebay. No 1/64, all are either 1/50 scale or some 1/43

Thanks, there are some really neat looking "old" vehicles in S scale. I was wondering if they would look too small when used with 0n30.

Probably way too small. You'll really notice it if there are people (1/48 scale) around. In this picture, the auto is 1/50 scale and the truck is 1/43 scale. Note how they compare with the 1/48 scale person.
Size001_zpsa7c68ff6.jpg

I have purchased from these people in the past. Very large selection. http://www.diecastdirect.com/?c=True

Last edited by a moderator:
Great photos of a wonderful layout.

I use 1/43 scale vehicles and get away with it because I don't put any people around to reference the difference in size.

Great photos of a wonderful layout.

I use 1/43 scale vehicles and get away with it because I don't put any people around to reference the difference in size.

Me too. Any 1/50 I keep at the back. 1/43 actually doesn't look too bad. I had the post comparing sizes reversed. The auto (smaller of the two) is 1/50 and the truck is 1/43

This section is pretty much done except for a couple of buildings that need to be finished
Overall001_zpsd718e6a3.jpg

Now it's on to this section around the end of the peninsula
Overall002_zpsf07da484.jpg

Back