Old Lionel HO loco parts?

Snark314

Hello, new member, first post. Looking for help. I bought an HO Lionel PA-1 model recently and was surprised to find it was mechanically in good shape (motor runs strong and gears don't bind). I am relatively sure this 1950's model used springs to transfer power from the drive shaft to the trucks (a belt would require disassembly of the trucks to install). Any suggestions on where to come up with appropriate part? Sorry, I do not have a camera capable of taking a decent photo so I will describe as well as I can. The drive mechanism is in essence a drive shaft with a flywheel mounted on it above another flywheel on the truck gears. The two have to be connected. Thanks in advance...

Well, I just stumbled across what I needed at Harbopr Freight while looking for something else. They sell a "spring assortment" that has what I need in it. I'll throw out 98 percent of what's in that eventually, but the whole deal cost under four bucks. In case someone else needs this kind of thing, that's where to look.

Well, I just stumbled across what I needed at Harbopr Freight while looking for something else. They sell a "spring assortment" that has what I need in it. I'll throw out 98 percent of what's in that eventually, but the whole deal cost under four bucks. In case someone else needs this kind of thing, that's where to look.
Glad to hear it and thanks for sharing the information!

Better to be lucky than good, I like to say.

Back