Ok I got a few plans started here.

Ok so ive started a few rough ideas. Nothing thats totally finished but just thought id show them off and see if anyone has any ideas on any changes or what more to add and where. They both definatly need more. Would like to incorperate a nice yard and some sidings ect... I was shooting fot a dual track all the way around, but just dont see the room for it, unles i possably go with 18' radius. Most of the radius is 22' at the moment, with a 18 here and there to line things up.

In track plan A the grey area is room that i have to add on to the existing plan. I can do the same for track plan B.

Right now there just rough starting points. alot of the stuff would have flex track put in place of it. Also each sq ='s a Ft.

Personally im thinking i like the looks of A so far. But thought id get some opinions or if someone has a different idea im all ears. But i think id have more options with B.

i used the atlas program in case anyones wondering.

Layout01.png

Layout02.png

Well, it's at least got you started. Plan A is giant toy train loop. I think we can dispose of that one pretty quickly. Plan B has possibilities. As Chip said, what's your vision for Plan B?

have you considered doing away with the plywood plane and cutting out your road bed from the plywood so you can put 3D land contours in. That adds quite a bit of dimension to your model railroad so it comes more alive during operations.
It takes a bit more work to do this, but you will like it much more in the long run.
Use metal screen between the roadbeds and coat it with wall plaster for texture. You can drill it and cut it away for structures and foliage. Its also paintable.

Back