Nuclear Power Plant

Amtrak47

I recently scratch built a model of a certain nuclear power plant in Western Europe. Chernobyl Nuclear Power Station (before explosion). Works with both ho scale and n scale!

Made completely from hard cardstock. I plan on building the rest of the complex another time.

13920910_1165096273533974_867391844811952925_n.jpg

Ok :) sounds perfectly reasonable now.

Pretty sad to know the test of the plant could go so wrong because of human error.

Keep us updated, you are off to a great start!

Maybe if you have time when you are done you could build the near by amusement park as well.

You mean the one in Pripyat? We'll see...That's a little more complicated believe it or not lol. And yes, of course it's sad! It's even sadder that no one has learned to put an end to Nuclear power plants... I'll start building reactors 1 and 2 along with the main office building in the rear of the building when I come back from vacation.

I don't build anything from scratch so I have no clue, but I love seeing other peoples work!

I am not sure where the amusement park is, but I saw it on an episode of Scorpion. :) "I saw it on a TV show once"

I am not sure where the amusement park is, but I saw it on an episode of Scorpion. :) "I saw it on a TV show once"
The brand new abandoned amusement park is in the city of Pripyat.

Last edited by a moderator:
A few years ago, I got a "whole cut up chicken" that included 3 legs, 4 wings, and one breast.
The name of the company marketing it was "Chernobyl Farms".
Should I be concerned?

As long as no part of you now glows in the dark I would think you are ok, but I did not even play a doctor on TV so I may not be the best person to say.

Terry
Over all it sounds like you got more for your money then most do. LOL

I think it looks lice and can't wait to see you get more done. Do you plan to build a diorama for the entire location?

Dave

A lot of those discontinued Heljan and Walthers structure kits go for big buck$ - especially the ones related to steel mills

As long as no part of you now glows in the dark I would think you are ok, but I did not even play a doctor on TV so I may not be the best person to say.

Could be useful when visiting the Loo in the middle of the night.

Back