NS Intermodal Yard at CLT Airport to Open Soon

bigB

I noticed yesterday that the new NS Intermodal yard that they have been building on the Charlotte airport grounds is very close to completion. It has been fun to watch the construction of this project over the last couple of years. Last night I saw cranes, well cars, trucks, and containers. The only thing missing was complete trains. NS also has started advertising it on twitter as the latest addition to the Crescent Corridor.

Check it out on Google Earth. Looks like an interesting shelf layout.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder how hard it would be to get a job there. Hmmmmm at my age I'm starting to have trouble getting a job 51 most places are looking to get rid of you at my age or at least around here.

Sorry, I don't know why this picture is showing sideways. I tried to fix, but it wont save. Funny, I took it vertically not horizonally...

It took me 3 weeks to get this photo, but I finally found a chance to grab one. Here is a picture as you head to the airport terminal looking south toward the new NS CLT airport Intermodal Facility. To my left (not in picture, opposite), there are three tracks that feed the facility; they diverge into a wye and hit the mainline going north and south.

View attachment 42203
I'm not sure what the Link to the Complaint Draft has to do with the photo.

If you look just above the photo, you will see the pdf file. Its a court document about and affair that destroyed a marriage.

image.jpgHopefully this posts correctly. Still sideways, but....

Back