NS C40-9 in HO

bigB

I'm nearly done with this build. An Athearn NS C40-9 in HO #8879. LED lights, flashing led ditch lights (front only), my cables, cut bars, plow, ac unit, moved the sand box, traction cables, detailed trucks, tsunami sound, high bass speaker. Decals a combo of Shell Scale and microscale. Chose 8879 bc it is representative of the latest way NS is repainting these locos. The # of grills and a panel here and there isn't 100% accurate, but I'm pretty happy with it. Kitbashed with some eBay purchased atlas parts.

Brad

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    303.5 KB · Views: 339
image.jpg
Before final paint of grab irons, mu cables, and sand box on the front shot

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 315
Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful Loco, and that's coming from a guy who "don't know nuttin" about the new stuff. I can see easily the quality work you put into the job. Congrats.

Jim,

Thanks for the kind words. I'm sure the rivet counters out there would pick it apart, and ill admit it's not perfect. But it was alot of fun, rewarding, looks and runs great, and I'm happy with it...that's about all I have any right to ask for!

Brad

Nice job from what I can see; lots of detail. That's my one gripe about doing N-scale custom work; you just can't really get down to the fine details. Good work!

Thanks Mike. I have to say, my favorite feature of this model is the lighted number boards. What a difference that makes in a model. Now, only if they were independently lit...(;

Ya could have put some grime on the wheels and burnished the brake pads. Then there are the windshields. Ya could have spattered some dirty rain on em..... Ahhhhh, never mind.
Honestly though, looks good and the lighting is a detail multiplier.

image.jpg

Ken,

Touché, touché... Weathering and grimminess to follow. Until then, check out this loco with this corn stalk ethanol hopper I've been looking for and got a great deal on last week...

Brad

Back