Nobody Has These Locos!

Brakeman Hal

Hello,

I'm looking for an O-Scale 2-Rail Steam Loco with a Western road name, like UP, SP, WP SF, or GN, but the only place where they are occasionally found is on Ebay.

Since my smallest radius is 40", (I also have 45" and 50" radius curves), I think I should stick to 3 Drivers max, which would limit me to a 2-6-0 Mogul,
a 2-6-2 Prairie, or a 4-6-2 Light Pacific for a light freight consist. Otherwise I could use a 2-8-0 Consolidation or a 2-8-2 Mikado.

The loco must also have DCC and Sound.

Here's a a picture of my Train, with a GP-35 on the point:

Thanks,
Brakeman Hal
006.JPG

I'm looking for an O-Scale 2-Rail Steam Loco with a Western road name, like UP, SP, WP SF, or GN, but the only place where they are occasionally found is on Ebay.
Yup, that is going to be quite the treasure hunt. I looked and all I found was the GN E. O-scale steam has always been a pretty rare commodity. Through the decades I seem to remember several articles in the magazines of conversions of Lionel locomotives to two rail for this very reason.

There was an SP 0-6-0 with tender on ebay, but managing to find a pic of the box's end showed 3 rail in tiny writing, nothing about which on the ad itself. Some of them from what I have read, have a swap option to 2 rail, no doubt purchased seperately. But you'd have to make certain.

Back