NMRA Bone-headed move to RP25

I agree, Iron Horseman, this location works for me for a thread on Frog Flangeways.

Oh, I thought the train shed track plan was a pretty done deal.
My initial plan was influenced by the Anon & Muss, then I became very interested in the Tupper Lake plan (a modification of). I am trying to come to a selection between these 2. Then I have one more professional who wants to make me an offer. So that is where I stand at the moment. I am currently creating a new Givens and Druthers, while I work slowly on finishing out the inside of my shed,....electrics, lighting, walls, brackets. staging

I like the idea of a thread for data and statistics related to flangeways, point gaps, and the like. I don't know why this one wouldn't work.
There is good participation here, but I'm not so sure the title is proper for the whole of the subject matter?

New Subject Thread

Over the past 2 weeks I've done quite of bit of reading about what causes most of our problems with derailments in our turnouts. Naturally the flangeways are a major concern,....the depth and width of these flangeways.

I was going to start a new subject thread entitled "Flangeways in our Turnouts' where we might try to bring together a lot of this 'scattered' info/discussions/illustrations. Documentation I wanted to condense for myself, and might be helpful to new persons seeking a sort of central depository of such info.
In case anyone has missed it I did elect to start that new subject thread.

Flange-ways in our Turnouts

Beiland - YES, I have been following both threads -- and have learned interesting tidbits of information. However, since I had my head handed to me for pointing out the "7 YO" thread, I have been reluctant to open my mouth.
My comment was NOT directed at the content of the thread, but the fact that several people answered the thread as if they were talking to the original poster.
I have enjoyed the information that you have added... thank you.

Back