Nice cases from displaygifts.

About 3/4 of the roster fits on the layout in staging/storage. But not all.

For the rest, I bought cases from displaygifts on ebay.

They came today and pleasantly surprised. Nice oak, felt liner, latching door with acrylic 'glass'. $80... probably couldn't even buy the materials at home Depot for that...

879afd06f81d73b3514e1c490e8c6e3e.jpg

80 each. You can't much tell from the photos, but the doors are hinged at the top and open upward.

Not bad. I looked into the all acrylic cases at one point and quickly forgot that idea when I saw the prices. Those were a wee bit out of my range These are within budget. Thanks.

I was planning to put these back in staging purely as practical storage, but they ended up looking so nice I couldn't bear to hide them.

Make sure they are screwed into the wall, not hung on picture hangers.

My in-laws got me a very nice display case for Christmas. I promptly hung it up and filled it. No kidding, two months later, out of the blue, I heard a loud crash of the display case hitting the floor. It trashed three locomotives. Luckily, the case was undamaged and the rest of the contents were quickly repairable.

I was planning to put these back in staging purely as practical storage, but they ended up looking so nice I couldn't bear to hide them.

That is my plan too. They will be mounted on the back side of the scenic fascia board (over the hidden tracks) with the sky and distant hill range painted on the front side. I have the Greenway version that has individual sliding Lexan for each level.

I can't bring myself to buy anything I can make...even if I couldn't make them fast enough to make it worth my time to sell. Sometimes it's also easy to take, in this case, an old, shallow drawer (ie. from a discarded desk) and install shelving within (the rabbited joints being already made).

Back