Newbie Question: hooking up target signal

tjdean

Just setting up my first model layout. I'd like to purchase a target signal, Atlas #150-235 which can be operated electrically. The description says the jumper wire has an RJ 11 jack. What piece of equipment do I need to hook the signal to that accepts an RJ11 jack? This would be for a stand alone operation. I'd need an AC power source for it I assume. Would a Miniatronics WT16 with 16VAC, 800ma work? I have a NCE Powercab system. Thanks.

Just setting up my first model layout. I'd like to purchase a target signal, Atlas #150-235 which can be operated electrically. The description says the jumper wire has an RJ 11 jack. What piece of equipment do I need to hook the signal to that accepts an RJ11 jack? This would be for a stand alone operation. I'd need an AC power source for it I assume. Would a Miniatronics WT16 with 16VAC, 800ma work? I have a NCE Powercab system. Thanks.

The Miniatronics WT16 would probably work, depending on how many other AC accessories you have connected to it. As to the RJ11 jack, what you need is a recepticle wired to the power supply. The RJ11 jack is the same one used to connect your telephone to its wall plug. You can find these components of various flavors at any Radio Shack store.

Back