New Train

jscw1

Jack Strong
Jack from Star, Idaho. As we get older HO guage seems to get harder to see for some reason. We now have smaller guages "N & Z but leave it to the Japanese to come up with the world's smallest train. The train was introduced at a train show in 2007. I found this on the net through a link and it is called "T Guage." Ho is 1/87th scale and T guage is 1/450th scale. The train in height is barely the diameter of a #2 pencil. Can you imagine trying to detail a layout using a microscope? What will they come up with next...check it out, just Google "T Guage Trains"
Jack Strong....:eek:

Won't be long you'll be able to model a class one railroad to scale on a 4x8 sheet of plywood. Just won't be able to see it....

so? when it comes to modeling, is it not natural to try and make things smaller? i don't see what is the fuss about and why thumbs down. to small for you? don't buy it (i didn't)...

The wheels and tracks are magnetic because physics do not scale so the tiny flanges don't do much to keep the trains on the tracks.

I have enough trouble seeing the details on HO Scale equipment. I certainly don't need something I have to use a microscope to see even when it's right in front of me.

Now instead of putting a train around the Christmas tree we can put in in a snow globe!
Or we can have an HO person working on HIS model trains. (Not sure what that would scale out to)

Or we can have an HO person working on HIS model trains. (Not sure what that would scale out to)

Just guessing but it might be somewhere around the ride-on trains for the HO guy. That would be neat!!! Instead of just your fantasy railroad, you can also build a model of your fantasy backyard ride-on train in HO on you HO layout!!!! (confusing?)

Just guessing but it might be somewhere around the ride-on trains for the HO guy. That would be neat!!! Instead of just your fantasy railroad, you can also build a model of your fantasy backyard ride-on train in HO on you HO layout!!!! (confusing?)

On this page here: http://www.japanmodelrailways.com/t-gauge/indexenglisch.html is this picture which shows exactly this. I don't know the scale of the people, but it looks like a pretty good reference scale:

S-002%20-5.jpg

On this page here: http://www.japanmodelrailways.com/t-gauge/indexenglisch.html is this picture which shows exactly this. I don't know the scale of the people, but it looks like a pretty good reference scale:

S-002%20-5.jpg

That looks like O scale people on N scale trains.

I thought of doing something similar with my future layout, itll be HO so im thinking N scale and having the people sit in the shell of the N scale locomotive. Id do Z scale but thats pretty expensize for a small portion of a layout.

Gotta say, I could get into 1/450. Perhaps not for a room-sized layout (my eyes would fall out of my head eventually), but certainly for a suitcase layout. (These things can be run from a USB adapter... perfect for a traveling layout.) They aren't even terribly expensive from what little I've seen. Most of them appear to be Chinese prototypes but that's nothing a little micro-sized kitbashing couldn't fix.

Sticking to N for now but man... that would be a fun challenge.

We can print 20 micron lines in silicon (Nand flash tech). Print two in parallel and you have rails. Might as well shoot for the moon here and develop micro-trains (in the literal sense)! Call them, M-Guage.

Back