New to this

camokeebler05

My Grandfather collected from prewar till last year when he pasted away. I am trying to get started and need help. If any one can give me some help. He collected only O scale/ gauage Lionel. I live in El paso TX and looking for a club so i can have local support. Thanks.

Welcome to the Forums and Bruette will most likely be your best bet when it comes to "O" Gauge Lionel Trains. As for model railwaying in general, feel free to ask any questions you like, there are a lot of very knowledgeable and experienced people all too happy to help you out.

Welcome to the forums, I am also new to thr hobby. These folks have been nothing but helpfull. Whatever you do, don't be intimidated by the layouts or the skill level you see here. Most of these guys have been at this for a long time. Be patient and you will have a great layout that you can be proud of.

Scott

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you onboard!

Even though I am far from an expert on pre-war if you have a specific question I will be glad to try to help, that goes for any era or any scale. I don't have all the answers, but I'm not shy about saying "I don't know". I will do my best to point you in the right direction to find the answer.

To find a local club I would try the OGR forums http://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/

If you are looking for nice people to talk trains with then this forum is your best bet!

I am primarily a Modern Lionel O gauge guy myself, but I do dabble in HO and I even have an N scale Christmas train.

Even though there are not many O gauge railroaders on this forum, you wont find a more knowledgeable group of model railroaders any where! Best of all they are some of the nicest people you will ever encounter. I spend 99% of my forum time on here, but I do use OGR if I need specific O gauge information.

G'day from Australia....Great to see yet another very clever person who has discovered this fantastic forum...You won't regret a second on here..The people are super helpful as I found out immediately a year ago now , great advice , supportive and across all the scales , no competition , we're all railroad/railway modellers... On O Gauge though , especially Lionel.....as you have....talk to Louis...He's taught me so much about Lionel , even though I do HO...and his patience and kind words and personal experience with Lione will be no doubt be great help to you as you embark with this iconic scale and brand...Enjoy your new found outlet....Cheers Rod....

Back