New to the board from So IL

stevelton

Finally getting back into custom building locos for people, and needed a forum to discuss tips and ideas, as Im a bit rusty.
Anyways have been a model railroader for 20 years, and am building a 40"x72" HO scale layout and video taping it to put a video layout start-to-finish "how-to" serise on youtube.

My 4yo son has been a bing help working on this project layout, and he considers himself a "train expert" (his words).

Thanks for having a great spot on the internet. I look forward to picking some brains

Steven

In the golden age when you could buy Rail Power product shells, and detail and paint things that the big manufacturers didnt want to mess with, I was building 3-4 HO scale engines a week. The works, lights lots of detail, paint and decals.

But when Athearn and some of the others started putting out locomotives that came ready to run with all the details, it put me out of business.

I have done some light scratch building, a few kitbashed, and the normal custom paint and decal.

Guess I'll give it another try.
Working on an Evansville Western SD60, and Indiana RR SD90MAC with sound.

I will have pics when theyre done.
Steven

well if you could do some in custom paint schemes for the NBR you would have business from me (granted I don't have much money as im a poor college kid paying off loans and things) but you would have business from me regardless :D

Back