New to Model Railroad My first N scale layout

In your revised plan, you have 2 reverse loops..........the first would be the inner loop on the upper left side. By using the section of track on the right that has the siding on it, your train would reverse. The second section would be the one that crosses from just below the siding on the left side of the lower loop (inner) and rejoins near the yard

In your revised plan, you have 2 reverse loops..........the first would be the inner loop on the upper left side. By using the section of track on the right that has the siding on it, your train would reverse. The second section would be the one that crosses from just below the siding on the left side of the lower loop (inner) and rejoins near the yard

That is correct. The first layout also had two reverse loops but they both were on the inside loop.

Next revision longer yard and longer entrance to the yard. layoutbaseDBL3RLoop2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just an update to keep the thread alive. I always hate to follow a thread then it goes dead.

I'm ordering all the track needed to complete the woodland scenery layout. This just a starting point to provide enough interest to keep it progressing. I'm ordering all the components separately and some are packaged with Japanese print. Is there any difference in the track? Thanks

Well, it's been awhile but we finally completed the table today. Still waiting on my order of track coming from Japan. I'm planning on covering the table with 2 inch Styrofoam but I'm considering doing 4 inches. What's everyone's thoughts?

Thanks,

IMAG0033.jpg

2 inches of foam works fine any more than that and you will have a hard time with wire feeders! When you get started wiring, to get the wire through everything
locate a drill bit that is the same size as a straw then drill a hole , drop the straw in the hole. Next push the wire through the straw and then remove the straw !

Last edited by a moderator:
That doesn't seem to be but a small problem. I was wondering if the 4 inches would provide any landscaping benefits. Deeper river banks maybe a valley. Thanks for the reply.

I got some 2% grades today. Still waiting on track.
What bridge height would I need to proved clearance for double stack container?
How many power feeds will I need for this layout?

Thanks,

Im new and just designing my own in scarm. What I did was lay it out first (I was copying Mineral Range from book, then modified it) then converted it all to flex track to make it easier etc. Just my initial hint. layout looks good.

Thanks... I've been hanging out on nscale.net. Here is the layout. Had to change it a bit because the slopes didn't level out where I was hoping. I still have some work on they yard but everything seems to running good.
layoutbaseDBL3RLoop63.jpg

Wow, impressive layout. I am brand new to this hobby, doing research now. I'll be following your thread with interest. Good luck with the layout- it looks awesome!

Back