New member from the north east

badguy87

I figured I'd join and see what every one else in the world is doing. I am 25 y/o. I'm mostly a 1/87 vehicle modeler, but I love layouts of any shape, size, and depth. Growing up, my father always had HO trains and even when they just bought a new house, they had to have an extra room for trains and die cast. I've recently finished several kitbashed trucks for my "long in the making" highway department diorama. I also did a few custom Hi Rail MOW trucks for my father's Conrail layout. Here's a link to my album. I will be adding more pictures shortly along with the Hi Rail pics. I hope you all enjoy and I look forward as I start to figure out yet, another forum!
http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=187

Hi, Badguy. I think you will find this to be a great, friendly place for anything train related, model or prototype. Are you a Conrail fan too, or do you favor another road? Those are some great trucks you've shown,...........now, got trains?:D It'll be a while before I have anything to show, been doing the armchair thing for over the last 20 years. If everything goes as planned, that will all start to change this fall. Can't wait!

I do enjoy Conrail very much, tho, as you may know, CSX took over the freight spurs here many years ago. So, if I wanted to keep a more modern railroad layout, I'd use CSX. Honestly, the only rolling stock I have here is a railroad police caboose by Athearn I believe. I'm more concerned about vehicles, scenery, and the fact that trains are awesome, but without a support structure, they'll just be toy trains. I plan on starting a standard 4'x8' with a town just big enough to have the highway yard, a few houses, sheriffs office, fire station, gas station, general store etc. None of the life like molded kits, but the pre built structures and I'll detail and weather from there. Lot's of plans!!! :D:D:D

Thanks for the welcome guys! I just added a few more pictures of vehicles I finished today to include a trident AM General tractor with a dairy trailer converted to a portable auxiliary generator trailer for my highway department. Enjoy!

Back