New location, same old problems!

Looks really good. I like everything you modified.

Now build it already! And we want to see progress pics frequently!

^
lol I'm certainly chomping at the bit to get it started (especially after all the planning and it being sat dormant for a year), but I'll have to hang on until Christmas is all sorted.

As for progress pictures - you betcha!!

Hi Mark -

Looking good!

Are the grades now accurate? If so, you still have awfully steep grades. Going from zero at the front left to 6 inches at the back in a run of about 6 feet (72 inches) results in an 8% grade (6/72 = 0.0833 or 8.33%).

You would usually see a grade like that only on a logging or mining branch -- never on the mainline. Aside from this being unrealistic, in practical terms, you will be lucky to find an engine that can climb such a grade while pulling even one or two cars.

Maybe the drawing does not yet illustrate the actual grades you intend to use. I hope that is the case, because you will be most unhappy with 8% grades!

Good luck, and have fun!

- Jeff

Nope, not accurate. Still an estimate. I've not had a chance to look up that range of foam risers, which I plan on using. I appreciate that I can't go high with them, I'll probably go for the lowest that they offer.

Back