new guy here

mantua mike

Hello all, my name is Mike. I am fairly new to the hobby and I enjoy it immensely. I like to repair and restore mostly vintage stuff. I tend to lean towards the vintage Mantua and Rivarossi steam engines because they just seem to work. I have amassed a nice collection as well as having some success buying broken items and repairing them. I keep some and sell some. I also have a wealth of parts if anybody needs anything please feel free to ask. It is nice to have people who share this hobby to share ideas, tips and whatever else. Thanks for having me and happy railroading.

Hey Mike,

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you onboard!

I enjoy repairing old locomotives myself, Lionel, Tyco and Life-Like mostly, I prefer the diesels.

It's a great way to pass the time. Diesels are cool too. My personal layout is turn of the century though. Thanks for the welcome.

That's one of the many great aspects of this hobby Mike, we all find our niche that we enjoy.

I could not agree more, restoring an old locomotive is a great way to pass the time and so rewarding when you see your work running the rails again!

Back