New guy from Ky

Hey all, just thought I would say hi, still getting used to all the things I am finding out about model RRing (and how pricey it can get fast) anyways I go by the name of Midnight Special (one of my trains that is a special one to me ;))so I guess I got to get my name fixed so if I could figure out how to do that i would be good, not sure if I should post my trains as I only got a few (kinda embarrassed to show them as they are small compaired to the more experienced people I see and most on here who have tones more then me :() but yea I got a few and figured what the heck, I will say hi :)

Welcome Midnight. Glad you're here. Don't be embarrassed at all. Nothing to be ashamed of. I'm a newb myself. We all have to start somewhere. Lets see what you got.

Welcome to the best model RR forum on the web. Like Allen said, we all have to start somewhere. I bought my first N scale train back in 1970. I've had a lot and have gotten rid of just about as much. Been without a layout for over 20 years so it's almost like starting from scratch for me. The rolling stock I have will stay but most of my locos will be replaced with something that runs much, much better. I don't even know if my old ones will even run today and I have no way to test them. So just take your time and build your empire slowly if you have to. Remember, Rome wasn't built in a day!!!:D

Welcome to the best model RR forum on the web. Like Allen said, we all have to start somewhere. I bought my first N scale train back in 1970. I've had a lot and have gotten rid of just about as much. Been without a layout for over 20 years so it's almost like starting from scratch for me. The rolling stock I have will stay but most of my locos will be replaced with something that runs much, much better. I don't even know if my old ones will even run today and I have no way to test them. So just take your time and build your empire slowly if you have to. Remember, Rome wasn't built in a day!!!:D

well one could argue "the best" as that is purely subjective as relitive to the eye of the beholder of said word ;) and as for Rome...no it wasn't but doesn't mean I can't reduce it to nothing in half that time ;)

as for my train set welp, I will get pics once I get more track set up and the trains on them Ill start snapping pics of each train and the cars :) should be able to get them tomorrow...

ok not really sure if these are worthy to post anywhere but heres my little collection...starting with my personal favorite train...the midnight special passenger edition ;)

Yes these were bought used...second or even third hand...but I didn't care its my first collection that I bought with my own money so yea....nuff said there;)

SL732708.jpg

SL732709.jpg

SL732710.jpg

SL732711.jpg

SL732712.jpg

SL732713.jpg

SL732714.jpg

SL732715.jpg

SL732716.jpg

SL732717.jpg

SL732718.jpg

SL732726.jpg

Train #2, not sure really what this thing is except its a diesel...im guessing a switcher/shunter of some type?? Yes both cabooses did come with the second train...one normal and one presidential (spirit of '76 I believe)
SL732723.jpg

SL732722.jpg

SL732721.jpg

SL732720.jpg

SL732719.jpg

Train #3, its a Santa Fe train, one engine and one dummy...;) either caboose would work with it also...sorry I got lazy and really didn't feel like unpacking all the cars and two engines and placing them on the track, which sits in a book case for display ;)

SL732725.jpg

SL732724.jpg

Enjoy the pics, and again...wasn't sure where to post these LOL so I figured here...

thanks, the set with the red and silver train engines was $80, the ones in the wood box were free (thrown in) as it had the power thing in that, but the SF box had all the track, so the guy just said "if you want it i will do $80 for both as I can't sell them seperatly due to them both being "incomplete" and the midnight special had no other matching set so he wanted throw it in as well :)

welcome & dont be embarassed , this is a hobby, correction GREAT HOBBIE , these guys beat me up all the time when i buy something off ebay:eek: its just cause they care :D look up enebriated ebay thread started by me in the loco subforum & you will get the idea i like your collection , you can get so much help & ideas from these guys so go for it ;)

Welcome to the our forum. Lots of talent and experience on here, but we all can learn more.
Where in 'tucky ? I was raised in Owensboro and near Madisonville (Providence) many many many years ago :D.

Welcome to the our forum. Lots of talent and experience on here, but we all can learn more.
Where in 'tucky ? I was raised in Owensboro and near Madisonville (Providence) many many many years ago :D.

X2 on what part of KY....

I'm from the Western part :D Welcome

im in the area called L'Ville or The Ville...kinda dull around here honestly, found a train store ;P oops....have a friend in RL who is joining up here soon who live in the same city so that will at least make the hobby a bit more fun for us :) as we share our experiences and trains and make our RR come to life :D YAY!

Back