Need your help for my SD60F by Kaslo.

f40-ph2

Hello,
My name is F40-ph2, I am new here, and i need your assistance to finish the assembly my SD60F by Kaslo. I am returned to stage of the kadee and I am not install correctly without it touches with the back truck. i' have to think of option to put the kadee #148 instead of that which come with the model. If you have other ideas known as it me, in French if possible because I not understand in English. Thank you for your answers.

PS: sorry for my english write.

The problem that i'have is that the box of Kadee hangs back of the truck. I followed the instructions, and I am not able to correct the problem.

Hummm, odd. Not sure, maybe make a new mounting hole and move the coupler outward?

KD also makes a coupler box that is rounded on the back and much shorter than a #5 coupler box. I'm not sure what the number is though?

On this site, a man have built one SD50F or 60F, it's possible to give your help on this problem? jbaakko, do you have try to built this model ? And it's hard to install all pieces on the shell? This shell it's ready for paint or if me put a primer gray on before to put a CN red orange #11 and Flat black engine ?

I built an SD50F. Min was quite simple to build. I used flat black, but should have used gloss, for better decal adhesion. WASH the shell with soap & water, then primer. Resin sucks for painting if you do no wash & primer it.

Dear friends, i'm succeeded in supplementing my SD60F of CN, with the councils that you have to give, i solved my problem of Kadee and now there remains to me right l' instal my Handrails and steps . My question that I am posed, there is t' it every' one which will be able to help in assembly of these objects, because nobody that I know want to give me a nudge in the right direction for installed and which remain in the area of Montreal. Thank you for your assistance.

Hi,
I need help again for built a handrail for my engine. I have a person, know made this? If yes, i'm pay the person built for me the handrail ( all handrails ).

Sorry again for me english writen.

vérifier auprès de wheeler1963, il fait beaucoup de détails sur la commutation de locomotives et peut être en mesure de vous aider et vous orienter dans la bonne direction.

*In English
check with wheeler1963, he does alot of detailing on switching locomotives and may be able to help you out and point you in the right direction.

Smokey Valley makes handrail stanchions, but they're getting hard to find. I'd suggest checking out the RailFlyer versions.

Back