Need ideas for temporary siding

zoegraf

Craftsman at heart
The temporary siding at the top right can hold 2 cars or 3 shorter cars. In the future this siding will be an extended runaround, but for now I need ideas on what the siding could be used for. Place to fuel a diesel? Service a business? Drop off coal/fuel? Would coal ever be delivered from a hopper without dumping it, i.e., from the top of the hopper? Or would it ever be dumped into a pit? I have not room to elevate the track.

Siding Use

In the space you have...why not install some oil or other liquid storage tanks, that a tank car or two could be spotted for servicing? Or bulk storage bins/piles for gravel, sand, cinders or whatever?

Another idea, piles of cut pulp wood waiting for pickup?

Just my 2 cents worth.

Greg

In the space you have...why not install some oil or other liquid storage tanks, that a tank car or two could be spotted for servicing? Or bulk storage bins/piles for gravel, sand, cinders or whatever?

Another idea, piles of cut pulp wood waiting for pickup?

Just my 2 cents worth.

Greg

I like your two cents.

The locale I'm modelling used coal and oil to heat homes so I like the idea of an oil storage tank. So an oil truck could come to the storage tank and deliver oil to wherever?

Now I'm interested in finding out when people started using oil to fuel their homes on the east coast of Canada. I recall our home in the 1970's having a furnace that was once a coal burning furnace, but don't know when it was converted to oil.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back