Need help with MP15AC details

Fishplate

I'm planning to build an MP15AC and need help identifying some equipment on the prototype. On the right side, on the step just ahead of the cab, is a tall rectangular box. A round tube pokes through a gap in the gusset plate, and below that is a red square hole in the sill. Can anybody tell me the functions of these items?
View attachment 15592

I'm planning to build an MP15AC and need help identifying some equipment on the prototype. On the right side, on the step just ahead of the cab, is a tall rectangular box. A round tube pokes through a gap in the gusset plate, and below that is a red square hole in the sill. Can anybody tell me the functions of these items?
View attachment 15592

Steve, I'll take a crack at it. tall box is an electrical cabinet box. that tube looks like a drainage pipe. the red square is the emergency fuel shut off switch. some other members might have more ideas.

I believe the pipe is an overflow drain from the radiator and the hole below it outlined in red is the water fill for the radiator. I'm doing this from memory so there's an excellent chance I could be wrong but that's what I remember them to be.

Back