Need help the NCE Universal apdater for JMRI software

HurricanesFEC

I'm using NCE Power Cab, Windows 8
wavey.png
I've downloaded and install the driver for the adapter but for the life of me I can't get to communicate with JMRI software to save my life. Any help would be very much appreciated

I would call Larry at NCE. He will point you in the right direction. This could be any number of thing with Windows 8.

Yea, I have the same problems, running Windows 8.1. I got the JMRI going and it shows that the NCE Power Cab is online and when I do a function, the two little red LED lights on the USB interface flash momentarily. I got power on the layout, but no JMRI throttling and functions. If anybody could help or advise me someway, somewhere, somehow.

OK does this interfere with CP210x USB to UART Bridge? But Windows 8.1 message center keeps telling to update my USB modem which takes to Silicone Laboratories web site.

I am having trouble with reading my decoder using JMRI Decoder Pro, It will go online but when I read my decoder to identify my loco it will sit there for about 30 seconds and then it will say, "Stopping due to error: Timeout talking to command station (306)". When you go to the trottle window and operate different functions the little red LED lights of the USB interface will flash each time you do a function. Is there a solution?

Back