Need a Bridge

elsner203

Hey everyone, I'm still working on my first layout and seem to have hit a snag. Before I knew much of anything about track options, someone recommended using Bachmann EZ track. Well, it has been a bit limiting, but considering it's my first layout, and it really is EZ to use, I'm sticking with it.

The problem I'm having is that I can't figure out how to add a compatible bridge to the layout. Bachmann bridges all look like toys and I don't like them. The Kato bridges all have unitrack in them and they don't connect. Is it possible to find a connector that will adapt to Kato on one end and EZ on the other? Seems like pipe dreams. The other option is to buy a bit of flex track and use it for the bridge, but I don't really know how to do that.

I don't like the idea of getting a girder bridge to run the EZ track over. I think it would look terrible to have a ballasted bridge.

So, other than not using the EZ track altogether, does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

DJ on here has a Youtube video that may help you out...
[video=youtube;8CkJu1faKpU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CkJu1faKpU[/video]

I was told that EZ track is code 100. Didn't seem right to me so I looked it up and it turns out HO EZ track is 100 and N scale is code 80. Now I just need to snag a piece of flex track and a nice bridge, that's EZ!

The KATO truss bridge will mate with the Bachmann EZ track.You just pull the KATO connectors from the bridge (not the rail joiners) you will need to cut off the ERZ track conectors though.The rail joiners are quite compatible with both brands of track.

Back