NCE Switch 8

hamltnblue

Hello All
I just installed an NCE switch 8 hooking up 5 outputs. 3 of the outputs are powering 2 tortoise switch engines. The other 2 are powering 1. The input voltage is 14v off the track. My problem is after power up the unit will not switch the torti's. They go to default position but won't respond to a control. If I cycle power on the switch 8 only the unit will respond. Should I adjust the track voltage a little higher or do I have a bad unit? My base unit is a 5 amp phpro.
Thanks

Have you tried the manufacturers website?
I haven't hooked one up yet but plan to before fall.
I'll wait and see how you do with yours.
Rico

I called them and got a human that speaks english :D always a good sign.
They seem to think it's just a bum unit and recommended returning it for repair/replacement.
If I cycle power a few times or let it sit for awhile it works great.
Installation was a breeze and I wish I used torti's and this product a long time ago. Switching turnouts from the dcc controller is great, and the torti's do it at a nice pace and don't fly like the Atlas snap engines I had before. I also had a lot of trouble installing the torti's with the recommended wire size of .025. The wire is just too weak and hard to work with when you have 2 inches of foam on top of the panelboard. I went with .039 wire and drilled out the hole of the torti to accommodate it and it works much better and takes less time to set up.

Back