NCE Power Cab

bnsfjason

Maintenance in the way
Does anyone use an NCE Power Cab DCC system?
I just bought my first ever DCC system and paid $150.00 for it, and I was told by the hobby shop owner that it is very easy to operate, so easy that even a caveman could operate it, I have always been interested with DCC but wasn't too sure if it would be difficult for me to learn.
Does anyone have this particular DCC system, is it a good buy?

Jason, I have the NCE Power Cab and I love it for the simple instructions. I was like you and never had DCC until a friend on here got me the power cab. It was so easy to learn how to program and engine and even make consists. I think you'll be happy with it.

Thanks Jerome, i'm sure i'll enjoy it, but I need to ge the decoders for the locomotives I have, I have some that are factory installed.

The PowerCab is a great starter DCC system! You can use the throttle with the Pro Cab in the future or if you know someone or a club that uses one!

Those Ring Engineering FREDs are very nice too!

I have long been a fan of NCE, but it was tough to recommend to beginners due to the cost. When they came out with the PowerCab - which has been three years now I think - it became a no-brainer. Their entry level system costs roughly the same as everybody else's entry level system, but has the functionality of their full scale system. Pretty much everything except the total capacity (number of throttles, power output) and wireless capability.

I immediately bought a Powercab system for my bench and test track, and I have the Pro-R wireless system with 3 cabs for my KCLR. I would definitely recommend the PowerCab for anyone starting out in the hobby or just wanting try out DCC who has a small layout that can be run with 1-2 cabs.

Andy

I was told with my new NCE Power Cab, I could add additional controllers by getting additional UTP panels and I could also add more amps by getting a separate booster or an amp.

power cab

As a matter of fact, you will need to get a booster such as the SB3 if you want to have different utf's on your layout or plan on having a number of cabs(throttles). The booster helps remember your settings so you can unplug the cab. Otherwise you need to keep it plugged in.:)

Back