N&W SD40-2 construction

They are Details West cables, and yes I had photos, one I posted here in fact.

I bought a bunch of the DW cables when they first came out with them... I gues it has been 12 or more years ago. I never did anything with them because it was so difficult to find any good photos. One thing that I've observed as that the exposed cables seem to be on newer units, and older units that have been around a while. As in your SD40-2. It's harder to find photos of SD40-2s from the 1970s that are showing cable. I've been told that as built the cables were tucked up mostly out of sight, but via various shoppings have been re-routed for easier access thus making them visible. They are sort of like spark plug wires on a car - each wire has to go from the proper distributor slot to the correct cylinder, but the length and route of each wire is subject to the whim of the guy putting it all together - I know I've certainly taken plenty of liberties over the years. So I'm torn between wanting to just put the cables on so they'll be there, the extra detail is attractive any way you look at it - but also wanting to have a clear idea just what would have been visible, and where - circa 1975.

It also seems to be an SD thing. Pretty hard to spot them on a geep, and almost impossible on a fishbelly sill geep. Although Brian B. did up a GP35 with the whole works.

Andy

Pretty hard to spot them on a geep

Just took this pic:)
CR-bell.png

Back