N Scale PROSES Magnets

goscrewyourselves

I'm the one
Does anyone who models N Scale have any of these Proses Magnets, Parallel Track Tool and/or Flexible Track Tool?

If someone does, how large are the magnets and what size N Scale Kit will they fit into? Also, how effective are the other two products I mentioned. are they worth getting?

I know there are some guys who model HO Scale who love the magnetics and have high praise for them, which is why I am seriously thinking about getting them at least :)

Does anyone who models N Scale have any of these Proses Magnets, Parallel Track Tool and/or Flexible Track Tool?

If someone does, how large are the magnets and what size N Scale Kit will they fit into? Also, how effective are the other two products I mentioned. are they worth getting?

I know there are some guys who model HO Scale who love the magnetics and have high praise for them, which is why I am seriously thinking about getting them at least :)
Found this for the clamps

Four (4) two-piece 2-1/4" x 2-1/4" x 5/8" magnetic clamps. Detailed and illustrated instruction sheet. Suitable for N, HO and S scales.

@Smudge617

Thanks mate - it looks as though you could only use them to hold two walls for gluing but NOT for gluing those two wall sections together, at least not in N Scale.

I am surprised that the Proses website doesn't have that info under Details when looking at the clamps. I id note that there were two types of clamps listed as "Clamps" and "Large Clamps". I can only assume from that the "Clamps" are smaller BUT no dimensions for either that I saw.

@Smudge617

Thanks mate - it looks as though you could only use them to hold two walls for gluing but NOT for gluing those two wall sections together, at least not in N Scale.

I am surprised that the Proses website doesn't have that info under Details when looking at the clamps. I id note that there were two types of clamps listed as "Clamps" and "Large Clamps". I can only assume from that the "Clamps" are smaller BUT no dimensions for either that I saw.
The large clamps are the OO version I think, I'll measure them up to check when I get home.
Couldn't find any info on the other tools you were asking about, I'll see what I can find out.

Usually I do two adjoining but opposite walls using the clamps, that then just leaves me with two joins I have to do by hand if the clamps are too big, also handy to have a couple of small metal strips that I use if the small clamp is too big to fit inside the structure.

Usually I do the two adjoining walls using the clamps, that then just leaves me with two joins I have to do by hand if the clamps are too big,
Yep, that is how it looked to me as well. You are probably right when it comes to the "Large Clamps" as well. I am definitely very tempted to get the "Clamps", very tempted, even if they wont work for joining the two wall sections together.

Don't worry about the other stiff @Smudge617. From the looks of it, they both "seem to work" pretty well and I might splurge on the Bendy Windy thingies as well. While I haven't really had a problem getting the Peco Flex to stay where I want it, those little things would certainly make is easier, perhaps :)

In so far as the parallel gauge goes, well, that's only be a nice to have I think. To be honest - there are other ways to fix the distance between parallel tracks without spending $$$'s on a particular tool.

Yep, that is how it looked to me as well. You are probably right when it comes to the "Large Clamps" as well. I am definitely very tempted to get the "Clamps", very tempted, even if they wont work for joining the two wall sections together.

Don't worry about the other stiff @Smudge617. From the looks of it, they both "seem to work" pretty well and I might splurge on the Bendy Windy thingies as well. While I haven't really had a problem getting the Peco Flex to stay where I want it, those little things would certainly make is easier, perhaps :)

In so far as the parallel gauge goes, well, that's only be a nice to have I think. To be honest - there are other ways to fix the distance between parallel tracks without spending $$$'s on a particular tool.
I got a set of these off fleaBay, but I've never seen any for N scale, probably would be quite simple to make your own.

I think the adjustable ones would be handy if your scratch building, for making odd angles like roof trusses etc.

The magnetic clamps I like simply because it's easier applying glue, and I don't need to hold two pieces together and count to 200 while waiting on glue to set 😆

@Smudge617

Do you happen to have a link to the company site, if there is one, by any chance? They do look decent and at a far better price as well. :)

I tried finding something but all that I kept coming with was evilbay and I wont buy anything off of evilbay.

@Smudge617

Do you happen to have a link to the company site, if there is one, by any chance? They do look decent and at a far better price as well. :)

I tried finding something but all that I kept coming with was evilbay and I wont buy anything off of evilbay.
Only thing I found was this link to them.

Can I ask why you have a problem with fleaBay ?

I didn't either. What I do know though is when I googled them Proses Clamps, to see if they were sold here, one site came up "Proses by Bachmann".

Only thing I found was this link to them.

Sure you can - in short, I don't trust it.

It's reputation is appalling. Sure, some things are sold under a company name - but it isn't hard for an individual to get a company name here or a DBA (doing business as) - if they don't have an actual company website then I regard them with a great deal of skepticism.

People can say they have improved and you have the right to question stuff, and that is all well and good - I'd rather not be in that position in the first place and, if I am, I'd prefer to deal with the business one on one and, if needed - over the phone.

Sure you can - in short, I don't trust it.

It's reputation is appalling. Sure, some things are sold under a company name - but it isn't hard for an individual to get a company name here or a DBA (doing business as) - if they don't have an actual company website then I regard them with a great deal of skepticism.

People can say they have improved and you have the right to question stuff, and that is all well and good - I'd rather not be in that position in the first place and, if I am, I'd prefer to deal with the business one on one and, if needed - over the phone.
Mmm OK, I see your point, but I can only say in 15 years and around £6000 later I've only had 3 issues with them, all resolved by either a replacement or refund.

However, the small or miniture magnetic clamps he has, is it small enough for N-scale?

Last edited:
Well, buying the ones I mentioned above was a good idea until I saw how much shipping was - 23 pounds or nearly $38 (AUD). Am going to have to find something here apparently :(

Well, buying the ones I mentioned above was a good idea until I saw how much shipping was - 23 pounds or nearly $38 (AUD). Am going to have to find something here apparently :(
That's E Bay shipping, can't remember how much that box I sent you, damn sight less than that, 'bout 6quid I think, and I do want the T Bar he has anyway so......? 🙂

Back