N Scale Mountain and Tunnel

traveler

Hello,

I am new to this forum, and relatively new to model trains (grew up around these, but not the last 20+ yrs).

The layout I am creating is that of an N scale airport. This layout is 48 x 84in.

At the end opposite of the terminal (image1), I want to run my Amtrak through a mountain/tunnel to hide the curves. I want to create the illusion that this runs out beyond the layout. I have a light rail train coming soon and will run on a separate setup around the airport and airport parking (image0).

The layout is in the very early stages, but this planning is in the works right now.

Anyone have a source for premade tunnels that may work in this setup (attached pictures)?

I am excited to be registered here and looking forward to diving in to learn more along my way.

All the best railroading,

Chris

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    84.2 KB · Views: 35
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    82 KB · Views: 25
Welcome to the group Chris!

I believe there are some pre-made tunnels and accessories out there. Here are some options.

You can build your own pretty easy and customize it to your needs. There are a ton of YouTube videos on the construction. There are a lot of us who have also done our own tunnels and done all aspects of layout building that can help guide you through the process as well.

Back