My Report about MRR'ing

Larry

Long Winded Old Fart
Just want to say Thanks to all of the Guys & Gals that have helped me over the years that I have been on the MRR Forum. When I 1st logged on as a member in 2000 there were just a few of us to get info from. Now, it's 2013 & there's many members. I had been in this Hobby off & on since 1961. From 1988 to 2012 I was a Heavy HO scaler. My last layout(shut down Sept. 2012)was my biggest & I spent a lot of money on it. Bought a lot of stuff off of Ebay, but the most I bought was from Forum members. I have met a few of you & corresponded w/quite a few. I haven't missed it yet(well, just a little), but, maybe I'll do something again when I get older & can't work anymore. I've had a mountainous layout plan in my head for about 10 years & my wife told me the other day to wipe that clean.:rolleyes:
It seems weird when I go into a Craft store like Michaels or Hobby Lobby & don't start looking for some items for the layout. Now, I just wander around w/the wife & look at what she is looking at.:eek:I have gained many friends here on the Forum & only 1 enemy.:confused:Now, when my friends call & want to go to a Trainshow I have other plans. They think if I go w/them that I'll start another layout. Not happening.:pNow, I just take stuff apart for recycling. Now, I have a little money coming in for saving for my next vacation, instead of spending it all & having to put the vacation on the Credit card.;)After I sell the last bunch of engines in the next 2 weeks I'll be off the Forum for good. Loved it in the years I've been here.:);):D

Just want to say THANKS for the track that I got from you - it's all being put to good use on my layout.

You will certainly be missed Larry. I've enjoyed both your outlook and the helpful hints. I understand how things change as time goes on. I also understand that a great hobby is something you never fully let go of. Enjoy your new persuits but I wouldn't be at all surprised if some day in the future we see you back here. Best of luck and God speed you "old fart"!

I just wanted to take another opportunity to say thanks Larry. While I haven't spotted all 260 vehicles I purchased from you, many of them are in place. Many more are available for my continued building, (I'm only 1/3 way through the planned layout). I'm using some of the other stuff I purchased as well. I hope you don't abandon us altogether as I enjoy your wit and wisdom. I do understand the "cold-turkey" approach as I used it in regard to television. Best of luck in future endeavors and I hope you can re-ignite that interest in metal art.
willie

Back