My railfan park project gets done.

NYC_George

Two years ago I posted my first concrete bridge project which was to feature a connecting railfan park but was put on the back burner. Now that I’m home everyday I’m getting a chance to catch up on old projects that were never finished. So another one gets done. The first shot is of the concrete bridge & park. The second shows the access stairway to the park.

NYC_George

Steamtown idea.

Carl I actually got the idea from Steamtown were they have the bridge that comes from the shopping mall and goes over the main line and down to the yard. They cater to the rail fan. The town of Poughkeepsie, NY along with NY State is now working on opening the old NH steel trestle that crosses the Hudson there. You know I thought maybe my layout should have something for the railfan supported by the town.

NYC_George

Cool idea, George, and nice work. Too bad real railroads don't do things like this more often.

A real new bridge for railfans

Jim I was really surprised last year when New York State decided to cover the old NH Poughkeepsie steel bridge track roadway with concrete. It’s a very long and high bridge. It’s a good site to view both the east and west side of the Hudson river tracks below. My uncle Sy being an fireman & engineer for 45 years was asked to attend the ceremony that started the construction. So at least NY is thinking about the railfan.

NYC_George

Really good idea, George ! Your pictures look like they are over saturated, chroma wise. I took down the sat level. Does it look more like these ?

It's in the reds

I think it’s closer to mine because I painted the steel beam under the railfan bridge oxide red and in your photos it’s more like box car red.

NYC_George

Back