My new Layout

That river scene is coming our AWESOME. I love the cave!

My experience with Enviro-tech is that about 1/4" is about as deep as you want to go. The bubbles that form when you mix it up can't make it to the top where they can be blown off if it is too deep. I've got a great little river scene that is full of really churned up water... that's my story to cover the bubbles... Multiple layers of the epoxy work just fine if you want a deeper level.
I have a heat gun I run across the water that takes care of the bubbles.

That's some excellent work. You sure don't monkey around, just get things done. Can't believe how much progress you've made in such a short time. Waiting for more updates. Outstanding scenery.

That's some excellent work. You sure don't monkey around, just get things done. Can't believe how much progress you've made in such a short time. Waiting for more updates. Outstanding scenery.
Thanks Chet , it will be slow going now. We have a much needed vacation next week and then I have a couple 2 wheel hobbies in the garage that need to get ready for riding season. But you never know.:rolleyes:

You have done great work on your layout and that river and port scene is developing fantastic. Very nice rockwork,too.
Thanks for sharing.

Regards,Chris

Thanks guys . Just got back from vacation and will be looking at another area of the layout and adding some waves to the water.

Here is a bit of an update, I decided to add some texture to the water in the port scene, after speaking with Troels Kirk I decided to try his method using extra heavy liquitex gel. Others I have tried I got bubbles but with this I can't say that there are obvious bubbles.

IMG_20160321_145745_zpsgaqplb5h.png

IMG_20160321_145538_zpspev50uql.png

IMG_20160321_145557_zpsy49lz0f0.png

IMG_20160321_145606_zpscghidnql.png

After doing the water texture I decided to see I needed a break from this area of the layout to let the mind whirl a bit for the next move. If I could cleanup the two layout rooms it may help but of course the only way to clean up was to use the foamboard and wood I have which just happens to be the culprit of the mess. So I have to make a mess before I can cleanup. I made an executive decision to move onto the adjacent room , finishing the needed benchwork addition and trying to comeup with a plan for structure and terrain placement.

This is the beginning of the mess.

IMG_20160321_145627_zpsojarbfdc.png

IMG_20160321_145640_zpsurmeaj8q.png

IMG_20160321_145656_zps9igbgl7c.png

IMG_20160321_145710_zps67b3sjua.png

IMG_20160321_145651_zpspbydsplh.png

Nice work Lynn
Are you going to add any extra paint on the water, such as white caps?
YA....what a mess... aren't you scared of damaging buildings or tracks and especially turnouts?
I must be a neat freak...LOL

Here is a bit of an update, I decided to add some texture to the water in the port scene, after speaking with Troels Kirk I decided to try his method using extra heavy liquitex gel. Others I have tried I got bubbles but with this I can't say that there are obvious bubbles.

IMG_20160321_145745_zpsgaqplb5h.png

IMG_20160321_145538_zpspev50uql.png
Pretty nice looking water. Is that the sole material you utilized t create it?

Nice work Lynn
Are you going to add any extra paint on the water, such as white caps?
YA....what a mess... aren't you scared of damaging buildings or tracks and especially turnouts?
I must be a neat freak...LOL

Thanks Mike
Lloyd I have no plans for white caps, I'm afraid once applied it may be too much and difficult to reverse. I'm pretty careful with the turnouts and buildings, I have a difficult time with my imagination sometimes so I have to keep moving things around until I see something.

Awesome work Lynn! Very inspiring scene you got there (having said that, all of your layout is inspirational...)

Many thanks for posting and looking forward to seeing more!
Yannis

Not exactley sure where I`m going with this area but I defiantely am going or at least making a mess.
IMG_20160323_171938_zpsremzbioj.png

IMG_20160323_171916_zpsnlgsbieu.png

Very nice harbor scene Lynn . What would you guess you have in that scene , time wise , to get it to that point? On the pic above I see a few opportunities for bridges :)

Back