My Milwaukee Road Riverline Division Future Layout

milwsteve

I have decided to change the area and era modeled on my future layout.I am now going to model the Milwaukee Road from Ottumwa,Iowa to Savanna,Illinois from 1981-1985.Here;s is the track plan I want as accurate of a plan as possible,feel free to change the plan if needed,the Sabula,Savanna area is ok.any responses are appreciated.

Steve,, is the scale true??? So the yard/industry area is 7' wide???? Either you are super tall, have reallllllllllly long arms,,,,, or just plain lucky when it comes to magnetic uncoupling and no derailments.

Maybe it is 6" grid ,, which would make the area 3'-6" wide.

Anyways,wish I had a plan,,, me, I just build benchwork,, then lay track to where I think it should go,,, plans,,,, I dont need no stink'n plan...lol

What are the ops going to be like?

Adios Wyatt

Access hatches will be used for the hard to reach areas,mainline freights will be 30 cars and locals around 10.Cabooses will be used on all trains.I am just wondering if the plan looks all right for the Riverline Division since the original plan was for the Iowa Division.I believe in Davenport there is an S curve close to where the Milwaukee use to switch the Oscar Meyer plant.I want the plan to be as accurate for the area as possible.

Speaking as someone who has worked on a layout with access hatches,,,, they are a RPA.. royal pain in the arse.

But hey,, your layout,, your carpentry skills,,, your holes when your belly gets rounder as u get older.

What is the benchmark elev???

Adios Wyatt

layout will be 40" high with zero elevation,trains will originate at Ottumwa or Savanna,and Davenport for some trains.

Back