My Milwaukee road layout

Looking good A2TwrOpr ...

I suppose I am like every one else as well, wishing I had more room for expansions, or better still, a "dedicated" decent sized room for nothing but a layout. One day maybe .......

Thanks fellas. Originally my layout was going to take up most of the basement. My wife and I agreed that we needed some space for storage so it got scaled back. The expansion is a place that we didn't have anything so I figured, hey why not lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is very important to pay attention to the land baron when planning a layout. I was lucky enough to get a nice land grant when my wife let me tear down a wall adding a 10 x 12 room to the layout years ago.

It is very important to pay attention to the land baron when planning a layout. I was lucky enough to get a nice land grant when my wife let me tear down a wall adding a 10 x 12 room to the layout years ago.

You're a lucky guy! We don't have a very large house so the basement is our only real option for storage. It's my area of the house but I still had to be considerate of my wife and daughter. One day we'll have more room, but probably also more crap lol.

The basement is about 1600 square feet. The kids are out on their own and all we have is their "stuff" stored in one of the bedrooms in the basement. I had thought about tearing down another wall, but the way my layout is configured, I would have to demolish a good portion of the layout. What I have now is working just fine, but adding another 24'x12' addition was tempting.

The basement is about 1600 square feet. The kids are out on their own and all we have is their "stuff" stored in one of the bedrooms in the basement. I had thought about tearing down another wall, but the way my layout is configured, I would have to demolish a good portion of the layout. What I have now is working just fine, but adding another 24'x12' addition was tempting.

Your basements square footage is the size of my house! One day my daughter will move out but she's only 17 months old now so we've got a long wait ahead of us. It's not like we're in a rush to get rid of her though.

4y2edeju.jpg

I need some advice with what to do here. This pink foam is across from the cement complex. What I'm thinking of doing is having a small creek and "pond" area with people fishing and a bunch of trees. Does this fit here or should I just do a hill or something else?
It would be a bit unnatural to have a pond at the top of a hill like that. Think about where water flows, and some other solution may come to mind. You could, for example, remove the hill and have the pond atop the table, perhaps with a hill next to it.

Back