My First Model Railroad Project

davetoshio

davetoshio
Hello,

This was my first attempt at model railroading. Not being sure if this was a hobby I would enjoy I wanted to start small so a made a display case which ended up being about 18" x 36". It is framed in stained oak. Now that this project is complete I cant wait to start my next one! I have learned that this hobby is very time consuming (it took two weeks to complete) and some what expensive. Comments and tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

IMG_3508A.jpg

IMG_3488A.jpg

IMG_3495A.jpg

That looks very nice. What are you using for trees? They look like woodland scenics, but taller. If you chose to build a layout, I'm sure it will turn out top notch.

I think you've found your niche, very nicely done. I can't wait to see when you get to your full size layout.
I'm far from being any where near to starting on my scenery nor anywhere in the caliber you show.
Great work!!

Nice diorama, Dave. You're right, it does take time to get all the details done and it can be a drain on the wallet. Most guys take years to get to that level of detail so don't feel bad if things go slower than you'd like, especially if you have a real job and need to earn money?

Very nice. It took you 2 weeks? It usually takes me longer than that to build a single structure. Great work.

Dave, you have an excellent start. I believe you could give us some advice instead of the other way around. As said the hobby is very expensive and getting more so every day. The good thing is there is not any hurry;just set the pace to your time and money.;)

Looks very nice, especially for being done in only 2 weeks :eek: Need some more light in your photos though to show off some of the details.

Back