My Big Boy

KillerBigBoy4002

Steam King
This is my light gray instead of black Big Boy.

Im thinking of maybe editing (or having editing done to) the paint scheme slightly.

Any suggestions as to what might look good?

I might consider the greyhound scheme used by some challengers.

View attachment 34435

ahh the grey big boy ,i bought mine in 1997 & painted it black with graphite smokebox . it does give you a blank canvas

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I gotta say, I have quite a few Big Boys, and your grey one looks darn good !
Really different, I like the looks.
Personally, if you just enjoy running trains and don't care about it being prototypical in paint scheme, i'd leave it as is.

Ernie

You could paint it in the modern UP colors.....grey top, red stripe, signal yellow. That would be highly unusual and out of character though.

Mike

i always wondered why they did this run of greyhounds lol, they turned around & sold them off cheap

Yea, When I first seen it i thought it was a challenger, then i noticed it was a big boy, which had me curious as to why it was grey.

However, I REALLY wanted a big boy, so I bought it anyway.

Yea, When I first seen it i thought it was a challenger, then i noticed it was a big boy, which had me curious as to why it was grey.

However, I REALLY wanted a big boy, so I bought it anyway.
well in 1995/1996 they did the jubilee celebration & riverossi put out the "new" & i use that word lightly :p big boy it came with internal motor & scale size driving wheels so you culd run it on any code track. & the price was 219.00 infact they took out a huge ad in MR to push them, well they hooked me:D
then 2 years later i noticed the "GREY GHOST" for only 179.00 so i jumped on it & repainted it, well that was before ebay .if i only knew lol :p

Back