multiple select on dcc?

BIG-D

im wondering if or how to run multiple locos at the same speed or as one train with dcc and wich dcc is a good starter dcc system that is relitivly in expensive.
thanks Dylan

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Dylan,

What you are asking about is called consisting. Or MU'ing. All of those systems would be great for starting out. How big of a layout are you going to be using DCC with? Also how many locos do you want to be able to run at once?

heay ryan my parrents are going to let me have a back room i believe it's 14' by 10' and loco wise 4 at the most at one time i guess
its going to be 2' wide modules around the room
,dylan

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds Good!

I would recommend the Digitrax Zepher or the NCE PowerCab...

If you want a hand held throttle right off the bat then go for the PowerCab...

Otherwise its about double the price of a Zepher to add a DT400 throttle, but it will actually allow you control 3 locos at the same time with independent speed control. Something to keep in mind.

to consist locos so they can all run with each other you would have to program each engines decoder to run close to the same speeds when starting and stopping with each other...this is fairly easy if all the engines have the same mfg decoders. you can still match the speeds with diffrent decoders but some can be a PITA to match. Regardind DCC systems im a fan of the MRC advanced as I use one at home and its great to use for a avg small med sized layout. if you want to expand the Digitraxx or NEC would be better I just like the hand held controlers as you can walk around and run your locos

Back