Mth ho Alco Pa

So my mth ho Alco PA'S have the sounds repeatedly cut in and out everytime I turn the some on. Has anyone else had this problem. They'll run fine without smoke but as soon as I turn it on the the sounds will play for only a moment then cut off, then turn on again etc. If anyone can help me out I would appreciate it. Also I run the NCE powercab.

Thanks,
clint

It sounds like you are running out of power on your NCE system? Its only 3amp, so you are limited on how many locos you can run. And when you turn on the smoke unit, they use a lot of power.

Are you running lights, accessories, and auto-reverse modules, passenger car lights, etc. on your layout? How many other locos do you have running with these MTH Alcos?

Remove everything off the layout, except for the MTH units, and see what happens.

See I did that and I was still getting this problem. What I did was set up a small straight section of test track and ran the trains back and forth a little ways. I had a feeling it might be the power of the system since my clubs train layout has no problem operating these loco's. Would you suggest buying an nce powercab booster?

Clint

WELL i think you answered your own question, it they run good on the club
layout then its lack of power on yours;)

Yep thats what it is. If these run on your club layout, then for sure its your system. Get the booster for it.

Back