MTH DCS Remote Commander (newbie question)

Erickip

I have a small layout that started with a Lionel Polar Express set severial years ago mainly because of my grandson's fascination with the movie.

Recently I purchased a new MTH-30-20050-1-PR EMD SD70ACe engine w/3.0 Proto. I ran this for a week or so using the Lionel transformer, while waiting on a MTH DCS Remote Commander and receiver to arrive. My plan was to use the Lionel transformer to provide the power supply instead of purchasing the MTH Z-500 power supply.

Well I have hooked everything up but the only thing the engine will do is to fire up as soon as I plug in the transformer. The receiver seems to receive a command because the when I press any of the buttons on the remote the green light on the receiver flashes but the engine remains in its initial startup and idle routine Any ideas?

Thank you,

Eric

Have you tried "adding" the locomotive? Once added, you should then be able to select it and send commands.

RJasonB,

This is a pretty basic control the remote only has 8 button functions and a + & - rocker like speed control, no screen or keyboard options.

Back