MTH DCC upgrade WHEN?

Group, Does anyone know which SD70ACE's and M-2's got the update from the factory? The reason I ask is MB Klien had a couple of M-2's with his sound for $149.00. I HAD to get them as they will work with my Rail America shortline. But, like I said I was wondering if they would be the updated version. Thanks!

is the upgrade a downloadable patch???? or do you have to send your loco back to the factory blackhole for an ahhh ( software update) ???

is the upgrade a downloadable patch???? or do you have to send your loco back to the factory blackhole for an ahhh ( software update) ???

It is downloadable if you have their DCS system. Otherwise you have to send it to MTH or an authorized dealer who has the DCS system to upgrade it for a fee. At that price point though I do not have a problem paying another $20 or so to get them upgraded. I was just curious if it had it already. Heck I can't even tell which paint scheme I'm getting. There are 2 different versions for 1 of the #'s and different websites have different pics for the same manu #. :confused: I guess we will see when it gets here. I'm gonna be patching it out anyways so who really cares. Just another WTF from MTH I guess.:rolleyes:

Back