MP15AC w/Strobe

My CP ones do. I think the Soo Line and Milwaukee do as well. If you get the sound version, the strobe is hooked up right out of the box.

OOPS! Correction, my Milwaukee one does NOT have a strobe.

Are you asking about a roof mounted strobe beacon or strobe effects from the ditch lights? It's reasonably easy to install a roof mounted strobe beacon if you can find one that matches your prototype.

Are you asking about a roof mounted strobe beacon or strobe effects from the ditch lights? It's reasonably easy to install a roof mounted strobe beacon if you can find one that matches your prototype.

I was talking about a roof strobe. I contacted Athearn & they told me that the only one that had it was Soo Line. Well, that's not true because other people on this topic told me diff. The mfgr. doesn't even know their own product.:mad:
I guess when I find someone that has the 1 in stock that I want, I'll ask them before I order it.
How hard is it to hook-up a roof strobe on a DC loco & where do you buy one?
Larry

Larry, I think Athearn is trying to be prototypically accurate by only putting beacons on models painted for roads line where the real engine has one. I know that the SOO, SP, and CP engines have them but most don't. Installing a strobe is as easy as buying a 3mm flashing LED, driling a hole in the roof, adding the correct resistor for the current rating of the LED, and wiring to the positive and negative lead that I think is vacant on the light boards that don't have the strobe. You can even buy strobes that run off a watch battery if you don't want to do any wiring.

Back