MoW - Blacksmith Car

railBuilderDhd

here is a car I got to practice weathering and thought I would share with all to see what you think. I need to add markings and weather the new couplers I added at the end. The car I got was molded from a bright green plastic and boy did it look like a toy. I recall seeing the photo on eBay and it wasn't anything like a toy and I think mine is not looking like a toy any more as well.

Here is a photo of the original model (not the ugly green color I ended up with). I did think to take a photo back when I first started so this is all I have:
P1012527.png

Now what I've done to it. I did the salt trick to painting this car and I really like the way it works and I know I'll be doing more of it.
DSC_0251.png

DSC_0249.png

DSC_0245.png

DSC_0244.png

Dave

Dave, huge improvement with detailing and weathering. Which parts of the car got the salt treatment?

Ryan -
Thanks for the comments I do enjoy what I'm doing.

Jim -
The sides of the car that would have been painted red are salt treatment. The decking was painted with kilz primer and weathered with to look like old wooden decking. The rust is Sophisticated Finishes.

Dave

Is it just me or is there a green spot just above the wooden side panel?;) ;)

Nice job, that looks awesome!!:D

Yeah, the ugly green that the model was made from found a way to show through. I didn't catch it till I looked at the photos myself. Not sure if it chipped off later or I missed it but it's now fixed.

This was a fun little experimental car to build as I learned from it but not sure it has a place in my collection. I guess that's why eBay is so great - can just unload it if I don't need it.
Dave

Back