Moving up to FOS

toddmc09

Hi Guys, just orderd my first FOS Kit, Tower Gas/Walts Garage, and I am starting to experiment with canopy glue for windows instead of clear plastic. I orderd some of the bragdons weathering powders as well. Pretty excited to jump up to a more craftsman style kit. I hope to post pics as I go along, but I am anxiously waiting for them to ship the kit. Just finished Magee's Tire Service from Bar Mills, and for being a basic kit, I found that I can add all kinds of detail to it. These are my favorite types of structures, the ones that lend themselves to detailing. I have to start back to my teaching job next week, and I wanted more time to spend building kits, got a late start this year, oh well, there is always next summer. :p I will post some pics of Magee's as soon as I find my camera...kids keep hiding it on me...lol

I forgot to mention, that I have been modeling N guage my whole life, and I am just now switching to HO, It is getting harder to model the small buildings and I have to move up to the larger scale. As I have always known, there are much more kits and engines available in HO and I can start building the FSM kits and others, which I have always anted to anyway. I hate to see my little N guage go on the shelf, but I can't see as well anymore!

Good looking model, Todd. I like Bar Mills kits. They are easy enough for beginer to build but, as you say, you can add lots of details to it to make it look even better.

Thanks, I was able to include some N scale parts into it and they fit pretty well and it's hard to tell the size difference. I have built a lot of the Bar Mills kits, and I have enjoyed all of them,the guy's put my Magee's up on their site, and that's pretty cool to show off my work. I can't wait for the next kit, although I have to figure out my actual layout and start buying engines and rolling stock...wow I better start working more hours, or selling some stuff...lol.:eek:

Back