Moscow,ID.....

Hi,
I'm searching for prototype pictures,trackplans or other documents (50/60's) from Moscow,ID.

UP/GN/NP....

Is there anybody here in the forum who's living in Moscow,Idaho or has lived there..or anybody out of the surounding area?

Or does someone know a person or a maybe special interest group?

Perhaps it could be the start for a new layout project.

Looking forward for any help..

Frank

Last edited by a moderator:
Moscow is within the discussion area of the Camas Prairie yahoo group. There are several members living in Moscow and some even model it.

I live in Moscow! I think a slightly better place to model would be Palouse Washington. You can still see company houses aloong a steep slope with the track at the bottom and they have a pretty good historical soceity

Palouse is just another half hour north of Moscow.

Another area of interest around Moscow would be Lewiston headed south as there are more than 10 trestles and massive canyons

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in Moscow! I think a slightly better place to model would be Palouse Washington. You can still see company houses aloong a steep slope with the track at the bottom and they have a pretty good historical soceity

Palouse is just another half hour north of Moscow.

Another area of interest around Moscow would be Lewiston headed south as there are more than 10 trestles and massive canyons

Are you going to school there? Your profile says Caldwell. Anyway, I'm sure you'll like the north end of Idaho better! I'm just saying that because I grew up in Lewiston.

I second the vote for Palouse, I really like those big curves in the canyon north of town. I'm not to up on my history but there were at least two railroads there at one time and their remains can still be easily seen. In fact, the whole Palouse and Lewiston line is quite modelgenic.

Are you going to school there? Your profile says Caldwell. Anyway, I'm sure you'll like the north end of Idaho better! I'm just saying that because I grew up in Lewiston.

Ya Im here for school, at U of I. It can be really nice up here and I really like it in the fall, but I winter is my least favorite season and it seems to last forever up here; last year it snowed on the last day of school in May!
Im definitly more of a desert person.

Back