Modern Warehouses & Industrial Buildings

Trucklover

BNSF SD70MAC's
So, all you N Scalers out there, what manufacture makes some good kits for warehouses and larger industrial type buildings? I am mostly an HO guy and dont do a whole lot of N, But with the N layout im planning i want to have quite a few warehouses and kinda make a small industrial complex for switching on a section of the layout.... Walthers doesnt really make any good kits besides the Superior Paper Plant that I could kitbash into a warehouse structure, and I want to have a few larger warehouses on the layout, and I dont want to use a bunch of the Superior Paper Plant kits to do so.....

I know there is always scratch building, but im looking for kits that I can bash together for this layout.... Any help would be appreciated :D

Pikestuff makes some nice warehouses that are excellent for kitbashing. Other than that I'd say scratchbuild.

Walther's and Design Preservation Models make structural building parts. One and two-story walls with window and door openings. Walk-in and drive-in doors.
DPM sells a planning packet that includes a cd with drawings that can be printed out and pasted on cardboard to make mock-ups of your buildings, for $1.88. Walthers does the same, but it takes a long time to look thru their site. lol

Pikestuff makes some nice warehouses that are excellent for kitbashing. Other than that I'd say scratchbuild.

For modern buildings (Pike Stuff) I second that! and scratch building will yield more unique stuff!:) as for older brick buildings, Walthers and DPM!

Back