Modern Fueling facilities

Larry

Long Winded Old Fart
Does anyone have or know where I can find some pics of a modern diesel fueling & maintenance area? I've been searching the net for awhile & no photos. Guess it's because of Homeland security. There's a lot of text, but no photo's.
Also, looking for a kit of the same thing, but no luck. Walthers or Bachmann use to make a fueling platform. This was quite a few years ago. Couldn't find any in Faller, Vollmer, Kibri or anyplace else.

Larry:rolleyes:

How about this?

Fueling-1.png

(www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=164044&nseq=22) Photo Credit, it's not mine.

Ray

Thanks everyone for the help. I already have the sanding section that Bachmann Plus made a few years ago. I had 2 complete kits. I used one as a completed section & then cut the rest down to fit outside my loco sheds. I'll post a photo later.
I was looking for a more modern kit that can refuel 2 or 3 diesels at a time.
W/all of you-all & me looking we will probably come up w/something shortly.
Thanks again,

Larry

Jerome, I just looked at the Diamond Products web site. Nice stuff. Just a beginner but when its time for the diesal facilities I have a good idea where I am going. How was there service and communication.
Thanks
Wayne

Wayne, I bought both the diesel and sanding kits years ago, never had any problems with Diamond Scale.

try railpictures.net
they have pictures of everything, and its easy to search

Thanks Conrail for the link. Found exactly what I was looking for. Got to scratch build what I need. That's on my to do list for next week.
Thanks again. I knew someone would find what I needed!!!!!!!!!!!!

Larry

Hi Larry: I just saw your post on deisel fueling. I may be late, but FWIW, you may want to consider Stewart's Sand, Fuel, & Water kit. They're also available separately. Here's a pic.
P1010230.png

Wow, Gramps, that is one fine looking fueling facility and yard. I've been amazed at your pictures and never remember seeing them before a few months ago. How long have you been working on your layout? I suspect that where you are now is where a lot of us hope to be in the far distant future. :)

Hi Jim: Thanks for the compliment. I've been working on this layout, (my first real one) for about 4 yrs. Man, that seems like a long time, but they really went by fast. Once I made the commitment, I just kept at it until I reached the point I'm at now. I tried to work on the layout just about every day, even if just for 15 min. My kids are grown, (4 grandchildren), I had the time, money, space, and patience to pretty much complete a layout.

Larry, here's the Diamond Scale kits built up. I've had it in a box for the last 10 years. I had to do a lot of repairs to it to get it back in shape. It will now be installed into my new Engine Facility diorama I'm just starting to build.

100_2584.jpg

Back