Modelling the Wild Mary from Delaware | Hello all

Cjbdiesel

Greeting gentlemen,

My name is Chris, or CJ, whatever is preferable. I'm 16 and from (shocker) Delaware... I'm very active in model railroading, primarily research and collection. I love to learn how to do new things, including scenery and more recently, a border that turned 20 years too old for our liking. I model the WM primarily, with some PRR, Reading, and B&O thrown in there. It helps stay close to the family.

I'm also very active in real train activities. I volunteer every Sunday at the Wilmington and Western Railroad. Most Saturdays consist of days of researching and archiving, or taking photos to send to various railroad magazines.

I'm glad to be on board with the rest of the group and look forward to the coming weeks, months, years...

- Christian B.

Welcome!

I'm not too far away in Ceciltuckey. I try to get into Doug's Toys, Trains and Hobbies on 202 about once a month. Aside from that, Just Trains is in Newark. They're mostly O-scale stuff.

I head up to the 202 store every now and then. Just trains in Newark has some nice MTH stuff in HO when the time is right...

Welcome. Though I live in Wisconsin now, I grew up in SE Pennsylvania (Chester County) back in the 60s and early 70s, and I went to high school in Wilmington. Looking forward to seeing your work. Good on you, too, for volunteering at the RR...

From the DairyStatePhone

Erik, I'm an Avon Grove graduate. Where are you from?

Also, FYI- I was at Doug's Toys, Trains and Hobbies a few days ago. He's going to move the shop in a month or two. He found a larger space with lower overhead in Claymont. I don't know the address, but I think he'll start advertising it in a month or so.

Erik, I'm an Avon Grove graduate. Where are you from?....

I grew up on the campus of Lincoln University, outside Oxford; both my parents taught at the college. I went to Elementary and first 2 years of Middle School in the Oxford School District. Then went to Friends School in Wilmington, DE, starting in 8th grade; graduated from there in 1974.

Back