Model Railroader Magazine Dec 1959

Albie44

facades art
I have been a member of a RR group at our senior community, and one of the members has about 20 copies of MR magazine. They are from the 1950's and 1960's. He wanted to know if this is something that would be of interest to any Model Railroaders and how much they were worth. Is there anybody out there that could shed some light on this topic for us. Thank you, Al from Barnegat, NJ.
ps: we are trying to raise some funds to create a new layout.

Hi. Sorry to tell you they aren't worth much. I collect Model Railroader and Railroad Model Craftsman. I just bought the complete 1948 MRR in a MRR binder for $2.50. The most I have paid is $1 for an old MRR or RMC. About 95% of the 800 or so magazines I have, I paid .25 cents each. I have seen some people trying to sell old issues for up to $5 each, but I don't know how lucky they were getting rid of them. Problem is they take up a ton of room, are expensive to ship and also there just isn't a whole lot of usefull info in them unless you are a scratchbuilder, like old advertising or just like seeing how things were done in the old days.

MRR Magazines

Hi RLundy, Thanks for the reply, we are trying to raise funds to create a new layout and that was an idea our club leader had. He does not use the computer much, so I was assigned the task. We do not have many issues, maybe only 20 or so. Just thought it was worth the asking. Thanks again, we will search out other ways to fund our new layout venture. Al from Barnegat.:)

Back