Mdc roundhouse kits

I have 2 mdc roundhouse pennsylvania steam locomotive kits a 4-4-2 and a 2-8-0. They are not really suited for my layout, the 4-4-2 is unbuilt and the 2-8-0 is built and runs, what might be a good price to sell them for? Thanks for the input!

Depending on the age, they originally sold in the $30 to $50 range. I'm not sure if they are still available or not but would certainly be worth $50. Check on e-bay or some of the other online sources. I still have several different MDC steamers. Done right they run quite well.

Steve

I've got a couple that I'm either going to tinker with or have at least started. They are neat and I wish I had the time to dedicate to working on them more.

Depending on the age, they originally sold in the $30 to $50 range. I'm not sure if they are still available or not but would certainly be worth $50. Check on e-bay or some of the other online sources. I still have several different MDC steamers. Done right they run quite well.

Steve
They look to be made in the 70's-80's, they have brown rectangular boxes and a picture on one end, anyway thanks so much for the help!

These are great beginner kits. The only thing that they need is a whole lot of detailing. I would really think about hanging on to the 2-8-0. While it's not a true SRR locomotive, the SRR subsidiary, the Interstate RR, acquired many of its loco's from the PRR, including 2-8-0's & 2-8-2's.

It could be redetailed, and repainted into an Interstate engine, and would look quite fine running next to SRR 2-8-0's, 2-8-2's and 2-10-2's.

Here is a slight kitbash and painting of the MDC 2-8-0. It the SP Consolidation:
http://schutzer.net/index.htm

I also built that kit some years ago. I did add lots of brass detail parts from Cal Scale.
I do have power pick-up problems from time to time but other wise it runs well. This one have a nice skew wound open frame motor with very low current draw and good gear reduction so it runs slow and smooth. I did put a Tsunami TSU-750 into it.

Back