Marklin Passenger Cars (real nice)

I managed to buy one baggage car and another coach from an Ebay site in Germany. These were from the 41928 set series that is plastic rather than metal. These cars are very nicely detailed as well.

I fact I was bidding on a quite a few of these complete sets on the German ebay site, but they all kept getting to a higher figure that I supposed they would ALL do?? ...made me think there was some shill bidding going on when I saw some of the bidders with such a high percentage of their bids all directed towards the one seller. So I figured I would look around on Ebay over here and not have to pay as high a freight.

Still haven't set the whole train up, but I imagine it will look real good.

I was looking for any older subject threads that may have discussed some of these models, and ran across this older one I posted back in 2009,..
https://modelrailroadforums.com/for...in-passenger-cars-real-nice.8439/#post-107212

I bring this up as I just recently discovered these really nice models in my collection in the cargo trailer. Originally this 'quest to acquire' came about when I ran into these beautiful 4 passenger cars at the Timonium train show.
PHOTOs
I then began to try and find out where I might get more to complete a passenger train. Next I needed a steam engine to pull them. That's when I discovered the very last Precision Craft BR01 locomotive that BLI had built in Korea. I bought that right away.

PHOTO

Eventually I found some additional passenger cars in Europe, but they were more modern plastic ones rather than the superb metal ones I had originally. granted they were nice also, but I always earned for the matching metal ones.

Eventually I decided I would take these to Thailand when I moved there, and set them up on their own 3-rail euro track, particularly since there were many German nationals retired to Thailand. Regrettable this planning as gone astray, and likely I will be selling them off to a new home since they will not run on my new 2 rail HO track layout. Sure hate to as they are such NICE models. I just figure I need to continue my pursuit to gather more info on these models, and share it with others on this forum that may have an interest in Euro model trains.

Rather interestingly this Precision Craft loco has its motor mounted in the boiler space rather than the tender as I have discovered on several recent Roco purchases of mine.

Last edited:
I'm offering this engine for sale at $249,...and it has LocSound installed along with 2 speakers in the tender

The coaches are also going to be sold.

It turns out that I appear to have the earlier cars that were metal construction as opposed to some later ones that were plastic. I believe the metal construction and the clear glass windows make these I have particularly handsome.

Which is what I like about Hornby Dublo (the original company, 1938-1964) coaches, other than their Pullmans. Nothing looks more like painted metal than painted metal.

Back