Making cement

jadmiral

I completed the installation of a vehicle wreck. I would like to have cement leaking out of truck. Any ideas on how to make cement without having to get the real stuff. Very interested in texture rather than just pouring grey paint in a pile.
John

I wonder if you can take hydrocal and pour it onto a sheet of cookie paper so it doesn't stick. Then peel it off and use it for your scene. May be too flat tho for what you want

---
- Sent from my phone

hydrocal, plaster of paris or even thick Sculptamold (papier mache). I've worked a lot with Sculptamold and can see it working very well for this. any powdered papier mache would work, mix it with a lot less water than normal to make it 'lumpy'.

btw, nice idea.

Sculpt-a-mold and fine ballast to simulate the gravel in concrete. Mix it all wet with dark gray paint and you'd be set.

Last edited by a moderator:
I completed the installation of a vehicle wreck. I would like to have cement leaking out of truck. Any ideas on how to make cement without having to get the real stuff. Very interested in texture rather than just pouring grey paint in a pile.
John

Why not use the real thing? Get a package of Anchor Bolt Cement from a home improvement or hardware store. It is a very fine grind of cement and easy to work with, no more difficult than using plaster. And it looks like and has the texture of cement. :)

FWIW, the truck would be carrying concrete. Concrete is made from sand, gravel, water and cement. So you're looking to model spilled concrete mix.

Back